The Jim Corbett national park has a most interesting fact: it has changed its name three times. First, it was named Hailey National Park in 1936. After Independence changed to Ramganga National Park, and for the third time after the death of a famous wildlife conservationist, the name was again changed to Jim Corbett National Park in 1955.
One of the top tourist attractions to visit Jim Corbett in Uttarakhand for nature lovers is the park with a beautiful variety of flora. Some prominent plants are found in Jim Corbett National park, namely, Kacharan, Semal, Forest fire, Dhaka. Also, there are some major faunal species found in Jim Corbett National Park they are, Asian Black Bear, Walking Deer, Hog Deer, Sambar, Sloth. There are lots of things to do in this park along with safari zones to enjoy your holiday.
Top Attractions In Jim Cornett Other Than Safari –
- Kosi River near the suspension bridge is a site of attraction.
- There are number of religious sites as well – Hanuman Dham, Durga mandir temple, sitabani temple.
- You will get the best property to stay in the Hotel Jim Corbett – Ramnagar resorts – you will get the hassle free bookings of Durgadevi, Sitabani zones. Tan Norbert Resort and spa, the Solluna Resort, Garjia are other properties that will enhance your stay.
Places To Visit Near Jim Corbett National Park –
- Sattal – if you want to visit Thick Woodlands
- Lansdowne – if you are looking for Laid Back Vacation
- Rishikesh – for adventure looking tourists.
- Nainital – visit to enjoy the beautiful views.
- Bhimtal – to enjoy the True Nature
- Naukuchiatal – to enjoy Lakes
- Ranikhet – to visit a romantic getaway
- Dhanachuli – to have an Offbeat Stay.
- Mukteshwar – to enjoy Lush Splendor
- Kausani – if you are looking for Adventure Rejuvenation
- Bhowali – to enjoy The Orchards.
The list is the safari zones to enjoy your vacation in Jim Corbett National Park:
●Bijrani Zone: One of the best zones to spot tigers, leopards, Elephants, Black bears, Deer, also migratory birds are found in this zone. There are some fantastic picturesque grass field sights to behold like dense Sal forest, Chaur, and waterfalls.
●Dhikala Zone: Dhikala zone is the most eye-catching of all the eco-tourism zones in Jim Corbett National Park has a blissful Ramganga river, Dense sal forest, narrow valleys, and fresh tint of the green trees, which will compel you to engage in wildlife photography. The houses of Asiatic Elephants, Sambhar Deer, Hog deer, Royal Bengal Tiger, Langurs, crocodiles, and even reptiles will amuse your search for rich wildlife species.
●Jhirna Zone: Jhirna Zone is the most famous zone in Jim Corbett national park. It was added to the tourism zones of the national park in 1994 because before that, it was used to be the farming land of the village named Jhirna, including the two other towns. This zone consists of huge grassland called laldhang Chaur where Deers, Chitas, Nilgais, elephants live.
●Dhela Zone: Dhela Zone is the most famous zone to visit in Jim Corbett national park as it has the characteristic of viewing seven tigers at once in Jim Corbett’s entire history. There is an area called the dense Sal Forest area, known as the best hunting spot for tigers. Moreover, the Jim Corbet National Park Dhela Zone is very famous for bird watching and is left open throughout the year.
●Durgadevi Zone: The only thing that attracts tourists from all over the world at the Durgadevi zone of the Jim Corbett Tiger Reserve are the hilly terrains, lush green forest, and serene surroundings. This zone consists of many exotic birds, wild calls of spotted deer, Sambar deer, barking deer, chital, Royal Bengal Tiger, and many more that will blow your heart away.
There are also many devastating things to do in Jim Corbett National Park. Some are:
●Mountain climbing: If you want something challenging and fun for your trip, you must go mountain climbing. In order to explore lots of fun and joy, rock climbing is something that draws the attention of tourists and everyone while making every step.
●Corbett waterfalls: The Jim Corbett National park is the best destination to experience the waterfalls as they are more eye-catching to the visitors, visitors must visit Jim Corbett waterfalls. Visitors can indulge themselves with the music of natural sound, along with birds chirping, falling water, and many more. However, it is highly suggested to consider the flamboyant beauty of the waterfalls from a safe distance and avoid getting into the water as they might get attacked by crocodiles or snakes.
When to visit Jim Corbett?
Jim Corbett is a seasonal stopping place because of its modest climate. Jim Corbett National park’s climate condition has a monthly breakup which you can plan according to the same.
· October to February: In the month of October, the weather becomes pleasant with lush green surroundings. Do not avoid to pack woollen clothes for nights as well.
· April to June: During daytime, the average temperature rises up to 40 degrees Celsius. The best time to spot animals or wild animals that also includes tigers at the park because of the hot weather.
· July to September: Jim Corbett national park faces monsoon season during this month. This is the best time to analyse the lush green environment in the region.
Connectivity to reach Jim Corbett
· Through Air: if you are coming from various parts of the country, this is not the only way to reach Jim Corbett. The nearby domestic airport is the Patanagar which is 50 kilometres away from the town.
· Through Bus: Through bus Ramnagar is well connected to Jim Corbett national park. You can travel through buses from Delhi, Haridwar, and Nanital as well.
· Through Train: There is only one train from Delhi. However, Delhi, Haridwar, Lucknow, and Varanasi destinations are connected to Ramnagar. Moreover, you can also take the overnight Ranikhet Express, which connects Delhi.
· Through Road: You can travel to Jim Corbett from New Delhi, Noida, Hapur, Kashipur to Ramnagar. From Delhi, it will take 6 to 8 hours to reach.
Lastly, from this article about the Jim Corbett National Park, we can say that it is the most preferred destination for us as we can do many things there.